Friday, February 20, 2009

Calling all Decorators!

My dear sweet blogging friends and esteemed decorators - I need help! I cannot decide what I need to make my entry interesting and inviting. In my mind, I think a long mirror (I love mirrors, all sorts of shapes and sizes) hung behind the candelabra would be nice, but what about a picture or grouping of pictures? One friend of mine suggested a door of sorts. Should I start over and do a table with lamp, mirror, painting....? The settee needs some pillows? a throw? Definitely need a rug.....uggghhh....that is such a HUGE commitment!

I love my Louis XV settee with chocolate leopard fabric and the candelabra from Wisteria, but they are not "stuck" here.


This is Fifi Flowers Design Decor entry at Christmas time...I really like how she painted the corner wall red contrasting to the color going up the stairs. Should I do something like that? It would be fun....but what color?

This is Joni's entry (12/18/08) from Cote de Texas which I adore. I love the height with the different texture, stone, flowers, porcelain, etc.

I like this from Katiedid her entry that she changes seasonally. Love love the mirror with the sconces on each side.

Michael Smith Designs....again a table with lamp, mirror....too boring?


I like what Brooke from Velvet and Linen has done with her space under the stairs...love love love the clock . Be sure and go to her blog and see the beautiful Swedish furniture that just arrived at her store. Absolutely stunning.



We have only lived in our house 8 months and I am wanting to redo all decor after traveling with the military 30 years. I love the light airiness of French design but it will take time to get there. As with most designers I like too many things and have decided that all bedrooms will have a different design decor to satisfy my whimsy! Please drop me a line and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment