Thursday, October 22, 2009

What I do on Wednesdays

Every Wednesday afternoon I go to a Senior Living Community near my house and do crafts with some very special ladies. I enjoy spending time with them and they wonder why. Most are quite spunky and are not afraid to say what is on their minds.

There are artists of different mediums and one has shown her work all over the eastern United States. Another couple were secretaries - they reminded me today that in this day they would be called "Executive Assistants". I helped one of the ladies earlier this week on a sewing project she did with such ease still at 85. She gave me some good pointers too!


These gals are go getters and bounce from one activity to another in the complex. One of the projects we do frequently is make cards and a couple of them make sure that everyone gets a birthday card or whatever the need might be.


I see many of the 'fellers' hanging out in the library telling all kinds of tales, they are so cute.
One of the gals today told me her husband loves to fish but doesn't have anyone to go with, so DH is going to give him a ring.


Today some of the ladies were doing a beading project for Christmas and the others were painting and decoupaging leaves for fall.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment