Monday, March 25, 2013

Project Monday

 I found this little table a few years back at the Historic Roswell Antique Market and knew I would do 'something' with it, as I'm not much for splatter finishes.
I like the lines of it and it's sturdiness. 
Ever since I got acquainted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, I love using it as a primer and base coat.  Here I used white as the base.  I then used 'rub 'n buff' gold to add some accents. I 'wing' it as I  never know exactly what I am going to do next!    
Next I made a wash out of black latex I had but it made it a bit more gray than I wanted.  I always have 'raw umber' craft paint in my stash so I diluted it with some water and brushed over and it gave it sort of a grainy finish which I like.
Here's a close-up of the top.
All in all, pretty good! I did this for 'My Own One-Room Challenge'.

For those of you locals, Historic Roswell Antique Market is a fun place to go, I don't think I have ever left without something in my arms! 


Do you need help updating or creating new spaces in your home?  Call MD, we'll pull it together for you! Don't let distance be a barrier, we can design for you via the web. 

Follow on Pinterest.
Follow on Facebook.
Follow on Twitter @RenaeScottMoore 
Follow on Instagram mooredesigns


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment