Monday, April 5, 2010

Roughing It

This time of year I begin to think about how to expand our living area beyond the 4 walls of our home.The warmer temperatures call for opening up all of the windows and letting the nice breeze in or hanging out outside. 


Growing up for the most part of my life in southern California, I am particularly partial to being on or near the water.


I'll take my champagne out here!


Later in the summer, the foliage will be full and protective.



This would be a great space in the mountains.


What a fabulous iron arbor.


Covered under the brick arches moving to outside, same brickwork flows inside and out



this reminds me of a southern Cali backyard




Perfect for a small spot...love the slate tile, coy pond and just the right amount of gardening for me.


How about a balcony space?  I imagine the view at night is quite nice.

Do you have a favorite or a special outdoor space?


Images via Coastal Living,
TLC.discovery.com
Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment