Friday, September 3, 2010

Silver

Silver is  my 'go to' metal in decor and jewelry. See some more of my love here.
I love it's character whether smooth or etched or brimming with detail.


denhams.com

Of late I am on the search for some interesting napkin rings for the wedding rehearsal dinner I am planning.



Have you seen a napkin clip before?


worthpoint.com

I wonder the history behind the monogramming?  
Whose table did this adorn?


pioneerlinens.com

A simple twist, perfect design for jewelry as well as the table.


sipler@aol.com

Beautiful design for a formal affair.


sipler@aol.com

Intricate detail....
I set our table every night with silver napkin rings.

sipler@aol.com


silvercollection.it


Silver in its pure form is soft and the same is true of most other precious metals.


julianstehpens.com

whimsical royalty


Leopard Antiques

Beautiful Charles Ashbee arts and crafts style hand beaten with a punch dot on the rim, 
read history here.
I'm drooling.

marks4silver.com

In days of old, the accumulation 
of Silver and Precious Metals 
became the main means of preserving one's wealth.



Inspiration for table decor for the dinner...silver is such a beautiful compliment to most table settings!


My sweet bloggy friend 
Lisa Porter who pens the fabulous 
also has a passion for collecting silver and wrote a lovely piece about collecting and caring for,  
read it here!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment