Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Treading Water

I have been a bad friend and blogger lately....the final countdown to the wedding is here and the details are starting to keep me awake.  I can't imagine how the mother of the bride is feeling....she must not be sleeping at all.
I want desperately to catch up with my favorite reads 
and I will.


Have any of you been out shopping for a 'Mother of the Bride/Groom' dress lately?  


Have I told any of you how picky I am?


Beautiful, no?  Perfect for Mardi Gras.


Pretty design....don't relish the idea of robbing a bank anytime soon.

I don't like shiny or grandma, 

matronly, or anything typical.

I would like to be age-appropriate.

After coming home in literal tears, suggestions were made to have one made. A sweet friend of mine who I've come to realize is a couture dressmaker said she would be delighted to make my dress.  
Whew.

I went to a fabric store here in Atlanta where I'm told the owners go to New York to the garment district to buy fabric.


I wanted to see what was 'out there' in clothing fabrics.

I am one of these that likes organization and order.




Can you feel what I am feeling?
I don't do well at big store sales...too much disorder.
I was a mess....totally distracted...
couldn't do it, had to leave.
I understood grouping fabrics in types...how come organized by color couldn't be incorporated?


After much searching the pattern books which in my opinion stink, I was struck by this.  

Elegant

Classic

ME!

will be hemmed mid-calf


I went back to the mess of the fabric store and asked where the taffeta was.
All along I wanted 'eggplant'. 

God is good, all the time.

There

right on top...perfect.


Found this for the rehearsal dinner.
Plus a new 'do'.
Still working on accessories...heading for the jewelry mart this week.

Here's a sneak peak into a bit of table design.


practiced for a dinner party at my girlfriend's home...martini's anyone?


Do you need help making your house a home?
Contact me here for an online or personal consultation.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment