Thursday, January 5, 2012

Design - Casa de Moore

As I mentioned in my last post, Mr. MD and I are directing our thoughts towards heading west in the next few years,  If you told me I would have thoughts of building a home, I would have told you you were nutzzz!  After briefly looking a real estate in a few areas I have come to the realization that we MUST build to get what we want, because this will be (after 40+ moves for myself) our last move until our kids have to 'do' something with us.  I hate that day for them (and us).

A few years ago one of my BFF's built a home on the gulf coast with this layout of the master bedroom.  My drawing is certainly not to scale but will give an architect my desire. I want to use natural elements that will fit into a mountain setting.

This is Steve Giannetti's (architect and husband to Brooke, Velvet and Linen) schematic of their future home Patina Farm.  I love the open space with the see through fireplace separating the kitchen from the living area.  Gosh I wish I could do these schematics!
Go visit Brooke often to follow along with the design of their home and visit Amazon to pick up their book Patina Style.


Do you need help creating your house into a lovely home?
Contact MD for design services.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment