Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beamed Ceilings

Mr. MD and I have begun to think about and make plans to head west - the Rockies or the Pacific Northwest - in the next few years.
We want a'woodsy' feel but not 'cabin in the woods' for our primary residence.
My design boards on Pinterest are filled with many rooms that have beamed or coffered ceilings.
I like both natural and painted.



Like the black and white, I would lighten the walls more here. (we're looking at ceilings here, not decor)  :)  
Detailed ceilings add a great deal of interest to a room. Love the floors here too!





If we end up in the northwest where it rains a good bit I don't want the rooms to appear dark.
I know the walls will be creamy.

These are some great inspirational photos.
What do you think?  

photos from Pinterest and Houzz

Do you need help turning you house into a lovely home?
Contact MD for design services.

Follow on Pinterest.
Follow on Facebook.
Follow on Twitter @RenaeScottMoore



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment