Sunday, March 23, 2014

Foodie Friday

Sweet and Savory

Recently I learned of a deliciously delectable dessert made with avodacos!
You can serve it to the skeptic's in your household that cringe at the very thought of anything 'healhty'. They won't know the difference and will be asking for more.
I pureed the avocado first...
...then added the in the rest (I also added a dash of cayenne for a little zip).
The recipe calls for 3-4 tablespoons of cocao, I used 4 for extra chocolately-ness (is that a word?).  I also only used 2 tablespoons of water for the consistency I wanted. 
The 'MR' - with raised eyebrow- liked it. 
I would definitely serve it at my next dinner party!


Now on to something savory...

Growing up I was introduced to brussel sprouts and they were never my fave.
Of late with trying to eat more 'green' I have rediscovered this tasty cruciferous
cancer fighting veggie.
Melt a tablespoon or so of grass fed butter along with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper...
...toss with split brussel sprouts and roast in the oven at 425˚ for 8 minutes or so. I tossed them a couple of times while they were roasting. They really are quite tasty.
Anything blooming at your house yet?  


Moore Designs would love to help you make your house into a beautiful home.
E-design services available.  


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment