Sunday, March 8, 2009

The perfect bed!

I love making guests in my home feel really special and one way I go about it is making sure when they slumber they are as comfortable as they would be in a Four Seasons Hotel.

I start by putting a mattress topper – a featherbed equivalent – (I read something about featherbeds once, but that’s another post) over the mattress, either under the mattress cover or encased in its own cover before putting the sheets on! So good that the sheets these days have such deep pockets!

bedding-topper

I love sheets that are crisp and need ironing before putting on the bed and really do like predominately white with a slight bit of detail. Yes…I DO iron them…not only for my guests but for me as well. I heard it asked once, “how do you treat your guests? Why would you treat yourself any different?” I love that and it has always stuck with me.

bedding-sheetsbedding-sheets1

bedding-sheets2 bedding-sheets3

How about finishing them off with some beautiful coverings such as these? That crinkled bed skirt….so different… with the quilted blanket and all those pillows, beautiful duvet…mmmmm. How about a place for your reading materials at the side? Or maybe, the linen and white?

bedding-crinkled bed skirtbedding-linen

I do love black and chartreuse…adds a bit of whimsy wouldn’t you say? Look at the pleated bed skirt and love love love the tufted headboard. The blue and beige is soothing…don’t you just adore that ruffle-y pillow?

bedding-green and black bedding-texture

I like duvets as the inserts are an easy fix when the seasons change. What do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment