Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Don't be Crewel!

When I was a girl, I used to go visit my maternal grandparents every summer.  My grandmother belonged to a group called the Hobby Club!  I loved going because the ladies were fun and they always seemed happy to see my sister and me, and there were always good treats to eat!  My grandmother taught me to knit and crochet - I learned how to stitch left handed because she was.  She also taught me to do needlepoint...


...and crewel.

I have hung onto these for a zillion years but they remind me of the fun times with my grandma.


These pictures are so small...sorry.  Every time I go to the Design Center and look for fabric for different projects I am drawn to the beautiful crewel fabrics that are being shown these days.






We once had a sofa that had crewel fabric on it in the '70's only to be reupholstered several times over the years.  Everything comes full circle and I think these are a great example of the colors that are "hot" today.
What do you think.....do you like?
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment