Monday, November 16, 2009

Painting

Sunday afternoon about 2pm I decided to paint my living room. We moved in our home about a year and a half ago and I have been living with the colours I inherited. This brown with an olive-y green undertone was just too dark for me. I painted for 2 hours Sunday before I lost the light.

I chose SW Ramie which still has a green undertone, but lighter and calming.
Will show finished product later, I failed to get a snapshot before I lost the light today.

While I was up and down the ladder, twisting and turning, oy, the hired painters were in my bedroom. Same dark brown...not me.

I managed to get everything out but the bed and the armoire.


Painters weren't quite finished in the bathroom when I snapped this. I chose SW Ellie Gray and WOW what a fabulous difference. This room is a work in progress and will post the metamorphosis when it is complete. I have some fabulous fabrics all picked out!

I haven't painted in a while and I know why....advil and hot bath are calling my name. It took me all day to do 3 walls. I'm a perfectionist. I use an artists flat brush on the trim to make sure the lines are straight. I know, I do it to myself.
DH is sure going to be surprised when he gets home the end of the week!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment