Monday, May 10, 2010

Project Monday: Hanging Flower Baskets

Springtime means flower time and I adore hanging flower baskets.
I am not much of a gardner though.

Google Images

They add a bit of glamour to an otherwise boring facade.

Google Images

I love a variety of colors but it's keeping them alive that is the hard part.

Google Images

Daily watering is required. 


This is the front of my home last year where I opted for ferns.


This year I decided to plant my own.  
Tuesday Morning had a great price on the hanging baskets with the seagrass (about half the price of Home Depot and Lowes).
I wish I had a potting bench like my friend Lisa at The Lisa Porter Collection, she has a lovely garden, be sure to stop by.
.


I picked up geraniums and am fairly certain they will bloom in a lovely salmon color.
 I centered one in each basket.


Then added potting soil all around...


...and finished with white impatiens all around.   
The purple petunias in previous picture are for another part of the yard.


They look a bit wimpy now but I know it won't be long before they will be spilling over.


Hmmmm, I just need to be patient for the 'wimpiness' to grow.
Patience is NOT one of my virtues.

Mondays are such a great day to get projects done, go visit Susan at 
Between Naps on the Porch and see what she and others are up to!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment