Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project Monday...Framing

I know it's Tuesday but Monday got entirely away from me.  Do you have framing that you need to get done but keep putting it off?  When I was cleaning out my office closet I came across my 'stash'.  


Well over a year ago I bought these water colors from Fifi Flowers.  If you haven't been to her blog, it's definitely a 'go to' stop, she is one talented sistah!


Framing is an investment in itself and not willing to make that investment right now I came up with 'faux' matting and ready made vintage look frames.


Black poster board cut to the same size as the glass.


Prints measured and marked


and trimmed evenly all the way around.

Double stick tape

 with print centered on the poster board.


Not bad eh?  Unfortunately the glass is not non-glare which is my preference.



Erma overseeing the whole process, she's such a good helper!

This print wasn't making it in a guest room...

...not bad for eye-balling it! 
Mr. MD, my handyman was fortunately at work, because he would have had the tape measure or laser beam out.


Nice addition don't you think?


Do you want your house to be a lovely home?  
Contact MD here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment