Monday, August 15, 2011

Project Monday: Sideboard Reno Part 2

I must be honest, this job was one of the more difficult I have done in a while.  Check here for part 1.
We left off with me repainting the sideboard and starting over. I know now why this type of furniture has the price tag it does, lots of man hours. 
I did a mix of 'pure gold' and 'antique gold' for some embellishments.
So I found some grooves...
and detail to bring out on the sideboard,
as well as the top drawers.
The smaller drawers show the wash over the gold around the framing....
...did NOT like with the gold or the wash, so I repainted for the 3rd time.  Oy.
'Raw Umber' wash over the paint, much better.  
I decided to take the hardware 'down' a bit. 
Of course, one thing leads to another. I softened these with the liming wax also.
Chose Annie Sloan wax to get the sideboard job done.
Washed and waxed.
All in all I think it turned out well. Not super thrilled with the 'shine' but definitely needed wax to seal the paint. 

Do you want to make your house a fabulous home?
Contact MD for online or in person design!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment