Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tradition with a Twist and LR Update

I am a traditional girl, I can't help it, it's the way my brain thinks.  My sister is excellent at modern. We make a good team!
Darryl Carter
I love this English barley twist gate-leg table.  Darryl Carter takes these pieces steeped in tradition and brings them current with the white upholstery, painted floors and modern artwork.
Pinterest
This beautiful 4 poster European bed and bench are flanked by modern side tables.  
Under Spanish Moss
Mr. MD has a desk like this, just need to get him a lucite chair.  Not sure he would go for it, but I like it!
Houzz
My grandparent's business had this type of chest in many places, solid mahogany of course.  I love how many creative ways I have seen them painted with updated hardware.  
Rue
I adore tufting and this chair is paired with a modern silver table.  Another painted chest in the background.
Darryl Carter
I was excited when I saw this Darryl Carter design featured in Elle Decor.  This is certainly not 'grannies are us', Duncan Phyfe mixed with modern cubes.

My own living room has been a work in progress for quite some time. 
I started by painting the ceiling slate gray and the walls a creamy white.
See here for sofa reno.

Bringing in color...
...and art.
Amanda Talley art here
I found this bench at the Screendoor in Ashville, NC.  Looking for a fun fabric to jazz it up a bit.







Next in line will be a carpet change, lacquer the marble top table and frame the Amanda Talley.


Do you need help making your house a lovely home?
Contact MD for design services.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment