Monday, October 17, 2011

Project Monday

Nothing says welcome more than a nice entry to your home.
Except when it looks like this.
Uggghhhh
It was either get to it NOW or wait until spring.  I missed my opportunity last spring and honestly I always go in my home through the garage and 'out of sight, out of mind'.
Once I got the goo on there and started scraping I wondered, 'now what have I gotten myself into?'  It was a 4 advil kind of night.
I tried to protect the hardware but the goo loosened the tape and I ended up taking it off, totally messing up the finish on the handle. Figure that out later, get to sanding.  I'm telling you, my right bicep is buff!  :)
I painted it the same color as the outside shutters...
and did a bit of antiquing of my own on the hardware.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out!


Do you want your house to be a lovely home?
Contact MD for online or in person design!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment