Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Tables

Every Christmas our church hosts a spectacular ladies tea and dinner.  Due to the room being filled to the capacity of 600 last year, a brunch the day before was added this year for about 200.  I hostessed a table for both events.
I had an expert helper setting up for brunch.  He's helped me many times throughout the years and we make a great team!
I like 'layering' my tables and started with a black cloth used as a topper to the white which was provided.  Next came a tree skirt topped with a live evergreen wreath.  The center (which I failed to get a close-up) is a cut glass bowl filled with pine cones and ornaments, tree limbs and a battery operated lit branch.
Repeat the whole setting for the dinner the next night.  While the brunch was lovely, there's something about the larger room and the ambience of the evening.
The other table hostesses bring their own creativity and love to their tables.
It is a wonderful evening of inspiration and a perfect kick off to the Christmas season.
These are the sweet friends who joined me this year.


The day following I had a sit down dinner for 10 at my home.
See here for setting the candelabra straight! I love the creative process and started with a favorite linen cloth and then a piece of creamy burlap I fashioned into a runner.
Live greens cut from the yard and battery operated lights nestled in.  I like using a variety of candlesticks too, a mixture of mercury glass and cut glass!
A Christmas table at my house is never complete without English poppers!

A great time was had by all!

As always Susan at Between Naps on the Porch is hosting her 
Tablescape Thursday, be sure and pop over to see how she and other friends are setting their tables!

Do you want help making your house a lovely home?
Call MD for design services!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment