Monday, September 12, 2011

New Orleans field trip

This precious one is who got me on the plane to NOLA.
Her mom came into my life when she was 14 and I love her as my very own.  I view this little bundle as the first of my grandchildren.  Those of you that are already grandma's know the love felt and awe of our Creator that creates such miracles. 

I was graciously invited to stay with my sweet friend Valorie of The Visual Vamp, and her tango man, Alberto Paz.  It was so much fun to meet Amanda Talley and visit her gallery, studio and home.

We caught her working.  She is such a sweet girl!
I know many of you know her work.
 A lovely piece in progress.


Guess what?  She now has fabric.

Got my wheels turning.

 Next stop.....Renaissance Interiors.
A resale store with many good finds.









 This is just the coolest!  One way a chair, opened up, a table!


Crystal....these are amazing.

We then went to meet Bryan Batt, a New Orleanian and actor (Mad Men, Broadway) and owner of Hazelnut


 He has a beautiful book being released the first of October, Big Easy Style.  I got a sneak peek! :)


Back home....

a glimpse of the projects going on today!



Still working on this beast....almost ready to stain. Did I mention how many staples, nails and glue?  
Lots of work but it will be loverly!


Do you want to make your house a fabulous home?
Contact MD for online or in person design!



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment